Nursing Assessment Nursing Care Plan for Mesothelioma
Assessment is the main base of the nursing process. Assessment is the first step in one of the nursing process (Gaffar, 1999). Activities undertaken in the assessment is gathering data and formulating priority issues. In the assessment – a careful collection of data about clients, Their families, the data obtained through interviews, observation and examination.
- Patient Identity
The identity of the client: name, age, sex, marital status, religion, tribe / nation, education, occupation, income, address and registration number.
- Main complaint: chest pain and dyspnea, hoarseness cough, anorexia, weight loss, weakness and fatigue.
- Previous medical history: exposure to asbestos
- Physical examination:
- Inspection: shortness of breath and, finger clubbing.
- Auscultation: diminished chest sounds
- Percussion: dullness over lung fields
Nursing Care Plan for Mesothelioma